Wednesday, February 2, 2022

About 5W1H of a Job

 We all have to do something to make a living -- you either employ others or be employed. It is so natural that nobody would ask, "What is the nature of jobs?" In this serial, I am going to dive where no one else has explored and see whether employees can open their minds and conduct daily duties happily, and if employers could rethink from the employee's perspective and realize company goals without forgoing employees' welfare.

I came to this idea after decades of experience as a short-term employer and long-term employee (of course, not concurrently). One day, I was so stressed that the thought of "quitting and being free" flashed across my mind. Lost time is never found again -- did a stressful job deserve my precious time? What is the opportunity cost of my current job? Can my experience benefit more people than just focusing on my current job?

Seeking the answers could present an interesting journey or a boring and useless one. Nevertheless, it would be a needed experience. I decided to do it, hence this serial: 5W1H of a job.

 

What to expect from this serial

 

This serial will include six chapters as 5W1H:

  • What is a job?
  • Why do you need a job?
  • When should you take up a job?
  • Who provides a job?
  • Where can you find a job?
  • How can you enjoy a job?

 

If you are looking for a job, or you are interested in the above-mentioned topics, this serial is for you.

 

Why you should read this serial

 

Looking at the above chapter titles, you may wonder, isn’t it obvious we need a job to survive? Are several thousands of words really necessary to answer these questions?

I would like you to google about such topics and see how many articles already elaborate on how you look for a job, how to prepare your CV, how to answer interview questions, how to work with your boss, your colleagues, etc. 

As you have reached here, I believe you are a curious person who is a small portion of the adult human being. Trust me, read on, and you will clear one question in your mind now: what 50% of the people on earth like me are thinking about the job? Do you know what Sunzi said in Art of War? “Know yourself and know your enemy, and you will never be defeated.”

 

Make your version

 

As you read on, you may not agree with my opinions in this serial. It is fine. If you've never looked into such a proposition as “5W1H of a job”, this is the time for you to do it now.

Also, you may not need to read further, just stop and think about these questions so that you would not be affected by my opinions -- your next decision may change, and thus your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to draw countless lines without rendering delay in Android Phone

If you just call the drawing API to draw lines on the screen, you may be comfortable using it when the line number is small, you will see th...